Facts on Mayans
101 Facts… Mayan History
June 21, 2020 – 02:36 pm
Over 101 amazing facts about the Maya civilization.
This book contains facts, photos and awesome videos that show us more about the Mayan empire.
Five Quick Facts:
- The Mayans believed that the world was created in 3114 BC, the zero date of their calendar.
- The Mayans predicted that the end of the world would be on December 21, 2012.
- According to Mayan mythology, humans were created from maize!
- Most Mayans were living in small agricultural villages when the Spaniards arrived. Their once-great empire and their huge cities were already forgotten deep in the jungles.
- Only a few Mayan books or codices survive, because the Spaniards burned most of them. They thought they were evil.
Taken from ‘‘ by IP Factly
A detailed playlist of the videos is listed below.
- The Maya People by SmithsonianNMAI
- The Rise And Fall – Mayan Civilisation by The Evolution
- 10 Interesting Facts About The Ancient Mayans by pastimers
- What happened to the Mayan civilization? by BoomsValor
- The Spanish Empire, Silver, & Runaway Inflation: Crash Course World History #25
- The Creation Story of the Maya by SmithsonianNMAI
- Travel | Caracol Maya Ruins Belize
- Lost Temples: Mayan Pyramids of Chichen Itza by National Geographic
- National Geographic Live! – Palenque and the Ancient Maya World