Facts about Mayans
The Mayan calendar suggested the world would end on 21 December 2012
1. The Mayan civilization flourished in central America from about 2600BC until around AD1000.
2. According to the Mayans, the world was created on August 11, 3114BC, which is the date their calendar counts from.
3. The Mayans developed the first proper written language in the Americas.
4. The Mayan system of hieroglyphics only began to be successfully decoded in the 1950s.
According to the Mayans, the world was created on August 11, 3114BC, which is the date their calendar counts from
5. Human sacrifice was rare among the Mayans and only took place at times of ill fortune, war or the consecration of new leaders or temples.
6. Seven million direct descendants of the Mayans live in central America today.
7. The Mayans and Aztecs both built pyramids, many of which are larger than those in Egypt.
8. The Rabinal Achi, in the Mayan Achi language, has been declared a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO.
What is good info. About the aztec.
It was against the law to be drunk in public in the Aztec empire, unless you were over 70 years old! use the link for more info!
What is some info on the Aztecs.
The Aztec people/tribe were certain ethnic groups of central Mexico, particularly those groups who spoke the Nahuatl language and who dominated large parts of Mesoamerica in t