Facts on Incas
It contains facts, photos and awesome videos that show us more about the Incas, their society and their beliefs.
Five Quick Facts:
- The Incas believed strongly in life after death. They mummified their dead and buried them with treasures that they could use in the afterlife.
- Bodies of dead emperors were mummified and kept inside the palace for servants to watch over.
- Dead emperors were paraded through the streets during the Festival of the Dead.
- People who lived a bad life had to live in the underworld where it was very cold. They would eat nothing but rocks throughout eternity.
- Macchu Picchu was the only city of the Incan Empire that was never discovered and destroyed by the Spaniards.
Taken from ‘101 Facts… Inca Empire‘ by IP Factly
A detailed playlist of the videos is listed below.
- Inca Civilization by BrookeHolbrook
- The Inca Civilization and Pizarro by Education Portal
- Michael Palin travels to the mountains to meet Incas – BBC
- Michael Palin in Machu Picchu – BBC
- Extreme fishing waterfalls and Inca history – Andes: The Dragons Back – BBC Wildlife
- THE INCA CREATION MYTH by Fiona Passantino
What is good info. About the aztec.
It was against the law to be drunk in public in the Aztec empire, unless you were over 70 years old! use the link for more info!
What is some info on the Aztecs.
The Aztec people/tribe were certain ethnic groups of central Mexico, particularly those groups who spoke the Nahuatl language and who dominated large parts of Mesoamerica in t