Sacrifice in Mayan culture
Human sacrifice in Mayan culture
September 12, 2015 – 01:24 pm
|Standing in front of a Maya pyramid on the UNESCO world heritage site Chichen Itza dedicated to the Maya's supreme god Kukulcan, the feathered snake.
I wonder what you feel after having read this. Personally it took my breath away. I was smoking like the extracted heart. Not only because of the extreme cruelty but because of the fact that it was perpetrated “just” to be nice with a god. This excruciating suffering was perpetrated not to protect a territory from an enemy or as a punishment to pay back some cruelty, but to please a god.
This is what hit me like a 12 foot wave: that a vertical relation of respect for something spiritual can be so strong that it justifies the ending of a human life. The vision of an execution always shocks me terribly, but here especially so because there’s nothing that allows me to understand it from within. There is no anger with an aggressor that I could sympathize with. Nor is there a fear from an enemy that I could share to understand the killing as a reaction to it. And so I stood there in front of the orange god like a person trying to make sense out of a horrible scene with only Chinese subtitles to go by.
Liili Mouse Pad Natural Rubber Mousepad IMAGE ID: 16765679 Chac Mool is the name given to a type of Pre Columbian Mesoamerican stone statue The Chac Mool depicts a human figure in a position of reclin
Office Product (Liili Inc)
- MADE IN USA. Designed, Printed and Shipped out of our California Facility. Item is sold under our Private Brand Liili ONLY.
- Low Friction and Ultra Smooth Fabric surface optimized for better Mouse Gliding.
- Anti-Fray Rugged Stitching surrounds mouse pad to increase Durability. Machine Washable.
- The weave also provides a nice, comfortable feel under your hand, Minimizing Fatigue over extended periods of time.
- For more Image Selections please Search Liili Mousepad for more Selections
Ashley Giclee Mayan Pyramid In Chitchen Itza, 24x30 Print
Home (Ashley Giclee)
- GICLEE PRINT the premier fine art method of producing prints uses as many as 12 colors where most use only 3, to produce vibrant and long lasting colors on archival...
- MUSEUM QUALITY giclee print is ready for your wall or to be mounted inside a beautiful frame of your choice.
- ARCHIVAL SUBSTRATE this incredibly detailed giclee print production is on superior quality paper and made with the best inks to ensure your work of art is in excellent...
- MULTIPLE SIZES mean this wonderful work of art can fit almost any room.
- SUPPORT ARTISTS! This special piece from Ashley Art Studio features work from an independent artist, we believe in supporting artists and a portion of this sale...
Liili Premium Nokia Lumia 1520 Flip Pu Leather Wallet Case Tulum the one of most famous landmark in the Maya World Cancun Mexico Photo 6345890 Simple Snap Carrying
Wireless (Liili Products)
- MADE IN USA. Designed, Printed and Shipped out of our California Facility.
- Easy access to all buttons and controls. Kickstand Feature allows you to prop up your phone while you freely enjoy video, movies, E-book, pictures etc.
- Wallet Case: Includes slots to store your credit cards, cash, business cards, and ID cards
- This item is designed and made for Nokia Lumia 1520 Only.
- Looking for more design in the field? Please search Liili Nokia Lumia 1520 for more special and unique design.
Liili 16GB USB Flash Drive 2.0 Memory Stick Credit Card Size IMAGE ID: 16765679 Chac Mool is the name given to a type of Pre Columbian Mesoamerican stone statue The Chac Mool depicts a human figure in
PC Accessory (Liili Inc)
- Compatible with Windows XP/7/8, Vista, Mac OS X and Linux, or later
- Use A-class chip, PC Plastic Frame
- NO Fading! HIGH RESOLUTION and extraordinary image Quality
- MADE IN USA. Designed, Printed and Shipped from California Facility.
- Looking for more design in the field? Please search Liili USB Flash Drive for more special and unique design.
Nathalie Lasselin Axis Mundi Discover the Mayan Civilization DVD Movie, Cave Diving, Cave Scuba, Yucatan Diving, Yucatan artifacts, Mayan artifacts, underwater passages, ancient relics, and the skeletal remains of tragedy and human sacrifice
Sports (Pixnat Productions)
- Nathalie Lasselin Axis Mundi Discover the Mayan Civilization DVD Movie
- For 10 years Curt Bowen has been going back to the middle of the jungle in the Yucatan
- the authorized expedition will conduct a survey, than map and inventory cenotes, as well as ancient mayas potteries and skeletons
- discover giant underwater passages, ancient relics, and the skeletal remains of tragedy and human sacrifice
- 52 minutes runtime